Frittata with Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Spinach
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 18.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 584mg
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Calcium: 268mg
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2/3 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in pasta, onion mixture, and spinach.
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in same pan; add egg mixture. Cover and cook 12 minutes or until top is almost set.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread pasta sauce to within 1 1/2 inches of edges of frittata; sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil. Broil 5 minutes or until golden. Cut into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch