- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2/3 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- calories 271
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- protein 18.2 g
- carbohydrate 33.3 g
- cholesterol 173 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 584 mg
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fiber 6.9 g
- calcium 268 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Meanwhile, melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
Combine eggs, egg whites, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in pasta, onion mixture, and spinach.
Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in same pan; add egg mixture. Cover and cook 12 minutes or until top is almost set.
Spread pasta sauce to within 1 1/2 inches of edges of frittata; sprinkle with cheese.
Wrap handle of pan with foil. Broil 5 minutes or until golden. Cut into 4 wedges.