Frittata with Swiss Chard, Potatoes, and Fontina
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.2g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 565mg
- Calcium: 172mg
- 2 cups diced baking potato (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or stick margarine
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina
- Place potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Toss potato with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Combine the Swiss chard and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until Swiss chard is tender. Drain.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, milk, and next 4 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in potato and Swiss chard. Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Preheat broiler.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil. Broil 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch