This was delicious! And SO easy. I also made a double recipe in a 13x9 casserole pan, and cooked for 350 for 15 minutes, then broiled on high for 2 minutes. Same overall effect, but easier to keep/transport.
Frittata with Smoked Cheese and Canadian Bacon
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
Four eggs and four egg whites go into this frittata, which makes for a satisfying, quick supper. Potatoes, Canadian bacon, and smoked cheese make this version particularly hearty.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 16.1g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 227mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 582mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes (such as Ore-Ida)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup diced Canadian bacon (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded smoked cheddar or smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Green onion strips (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, onion, and bacon; saute 8 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Remove from pan. Wipe pan clean with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Combine salt, hot sauce, pepper, eggs, and egg whites in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in potato mixture, cheese, and chopped green onions.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned, lifting edges and tilting skillet as eggs cook to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil. Broil 2 minutes or until top is lightly browned and set. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch