This was delicious! And SO easy. I also made a double recipe in a 13x9 casserole pan, and cooked for 350 for 15 minutes, then broiled on high for 2 minutes. Same overall effect, but easier to keep/transport.
Frittata with Smoked Cheese and Canadian Bacon
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
Four eggs and four egg whites go into this frittata, which makes for a satisfying, quick supper. Potatoes, Canadian bacon, and smoked cheese make this version particularly hearty.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 16.1g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 227mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 582mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes (such as Ore-Ida)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup diced Canadian bacon (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded smoked cheddar or smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Green onion strips (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, onion, and bacon; saute 8 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Remove from pan. Wipe pan clean with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Combine salt, hot sauce, pepper, eggs, and egg whites in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in potato mixture, cheese, and chopped green onions.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned, lifting edges and tilting skillet as eggs cook to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil. Broil 2 minutes or until top is lightly browned and set. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note