easy and tasty but nothing special. i thought there was too much pasta for the amount of eggs.
Frittata with Mushrooms, Linguine, and Basil
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Cindy Barr
A generous shower of basil adds freshness and flavor to this hearty egg dish. For a well-balanced meal, serve with a tangy green salad.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 661mg
- Calcium: 177mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups hot cooked linguine (about 4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and leek; cook 6 minutes or until leek is tender, stirring frequently.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add leek mixture, pasta, and basil; toss gently to combine.
- Heat pan over medium-low heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add egg mixture; cook until edges begin to set (about 4 minutes). Gently lift edge of egg mixture, tilting pan to allow some uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Cook 5 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; wrap handle of pan with foil. Bake 7 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note