- 1/3 cup shelled fava beans
- 1/2 cup fresh morel mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- Fresh tarragon leaves (optional)
- calories 356
- fat 20.3 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 9.4 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 26.2 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 6.6 g
- cholesterol 435 mg
- iron 3.9 mg
- sodium 586 mg
- calcium 153 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cook fava beans in boiling water 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon, and plunge beans into ice water; drain well. Peel tough skins from beans.
Place mushrooms in a small bowl of cold water; swirl mushrooms gently to remove any grit. Drain; rinse well. Drain on paper towels, patting mushrooms dry.
Heat oil in an 8-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Combine 1 tablespoon cheese, parsley, and next 6 ingredients (through egg whites) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in mushrooms and beans. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring gently. Place pan in oven; bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until edges are puffed and center is almost set. Remove from oven.
Sprinkle top of frittata with remaining 1 tablespoon cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Garnish with fresh tarragon leaves, if desired.