This was easy and delicious. Didn't have chives or fresh dill, so substituted green onions and dried dill. Not as good, I'm sure. I had to add some sliced mushrooms sauteed in some cooking spray done while the asparagus was in the microwave. DD doesn't like goat cheese, so I sprinkled some mozzarella on her portion. That said, quality soft goat cheese is what makes this dish special.
Herby Frittata with Vegetables and Goat Cheese
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 15.1g
- Carbohydrate: 2.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 337mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 6 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Combine asparagus and 1/4 cup water in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until tender. Rinse with cold water; drain. Combine chives, dill, salt, pepper, and eggs in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high.
- 3. Heat a small ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add asparagus and egg mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until eggs are partially set, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese. Place pan under broiler. Broil 2 minutes or until eggs are set and top is lightly browned. Remove pan from oven. Run a spatula around edge and under frittata to loosen from pan; slide frittata onto a plate or cutting board. Cut into 4 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note