Frisée Salad with Mustard Dressing
Homemade mustard salad dressing is a great topper for any salad, but pairs particularly well with these crisp greens.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 57
- Calories from fat: 73%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 2.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 113mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1 head radicchio (5 oz.), rinsed, cored, leaves separated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound frisée, sprigs separated, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, mix mustard, lemon juice, shallots, salt, and pepper. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
- 2. Line a large, shallow serving bowl with the radicchio leaves.
- 3. Whisk oil into mustard mixture. In a bowl, pour dressing over frisée; mix gently, then mound on radicchio. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note