Fried Trout Nuggets
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds freshwater trout fillets
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lard
- Tartar sauce
- Rinse fish in cold water; pat dry. Cut fish into 2-inch squares. Roll each piece in breadcrumbs.
- Combine eggs and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Dip each fish square into egg mixture. Roll in breadcrumbs again, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat lard in a large skillet to 350°; add trout nuggets, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. (When done, fish should flake easily when tested with a fork.) Drain well on paper towels.
- Place trout nuggets on a warm serving platter. Serve immediately with tartar sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes