Fried Tofu with Spicy Ginger-Sesame Sauce
More From Food & Wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Korean red pepper flakes or 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 container firm tofu
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 scallion, thinly slice
- Steamed rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the sugar, red pepper, garlic, sesame oil, ginger and sesame seeds.
- Slice the tofu crosswise into 8 thin slabs. Dry the tofu with paper towels, pressing until no moisture remains.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil until shimmering. Add the tofu and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Spoon the sauce over the fried tofu and sprinkle with the scallion. Serve with steamed rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note