fried tacos - stefanie
These are tacos my grandma used to make and my dad as well. They're really easy and the simple sauce really makes a difference!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 package(s) corn tortillas- 24 count
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder or garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (small) for the sauce
- 5 shakes of garlic salt/powder for the sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt for the sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) oregano for the sauce
- 1-2 cup(s) oil
- mix together ground beef, salt and garlic powder together until combined. get corn tortillas and take about a golfball sized ball of meat and spread it on half of the corn tortilla (it will shrink up a bit when it cooks so you can make these as thick as you want but they will take longer to cook if you do) and put them on the tortillas until the mixture is gone.
- pour the oil in a flat sauce pan and turn on heat to medium high until it is hot. in the meantime make the sauce. pour the tomato sauce in a small bowl and mix in salt, garlic powder and oregano and taste for salt; set aside.
- to check heat of oil dip the handle end of a wooden spoon into the oil; the handle should form bubbles around it right away if its ready. to make sure there is enough seasoning in the meat, drop a little piece of meat to cook.
- line a baking dish with paper towels.
- once the oil and meat seasoning is right put in one of the tortillas in at a time. splash a little of the oil on top of the meat and let it sit for about 15 seconds. fold the other side of the tortilla over the meat and hold it down with a wooden spoon so it stays folded. flip the taco on the other side once the down side is golden and cook the other side until golden and put into lined baking dish to drain.
- once all the tacos are done top with shredded lettuce, grated cheese and diced tomatoes and serve with the sauce and enjoy!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by USMCRDWives and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
fried tacos - stefanie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes