1. Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360°. Whisk together evaporated milk, 1 egg, and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
2. Rinse crabs, pat dry, and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Dredge crabs in flour; dip in evaporated milk mixture, and dredge in flour again. Fry crabs, in 2 batches, in hot oil 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Keep warm.
3. Preheat oven to 375°. Brush 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Bake bread slices, buttered sides up, 5 minutes or until toasted.
4. Prepare hollandaise sauce mix according to package directions, omitting butter and using 1 cup milk and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice.
5. Pour water to depth of 2 inches into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain at a light simmer. Add vinegar. Break remaining 6 eggs, and slip into water, 1 at a time, as close as possible to surface. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon. Trim edges, if desired.
6. Top bread slices with arugula, fried crabs, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with chives and salt and pepper to taste.
Go to Full Version of