Fried Shrimp Skewers With Creole Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups HELLMANN'S or BEST FOODS Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 (12-oz.) package seasoned fish fry batter mix
- 1 pound peeled, medium-size raw shrimp with tails (31/40 count)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 16 (4-inch) wooden skewers
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- Whisk together mayonnaise, next 3 ingredients, and 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning in a small bowl.
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 325°. Stir together batter mix and remaining 3 tsp. Cajun seasoning. Toss shrimp and buttermilk together in a large bowl. Dredge shrimp in batter mixture, shaking off excess. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Fry shrimp, in batches, 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on wire racks over paper towels.
- Thread 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Serve with Creole Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers