More From Southern Living
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 pounds peeled, large raw shrimp with tails (21/25 count)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1. Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 325º. Whisk together milk, egg, and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
- 2. Sprinkle shrimp with seasoned salt. Dredge shrimp in flour; dip in milk mixture, and dredge in flour again. Fry shrimp, in batches, in hot oil 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This