Fried Salt Pork With Mustard
- 1 pound salt pork, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Prepared mustard
- Place salt pork in a medium mixing bowl; add warm water to cover. Soak 1 hour; drain. Repeat soaking procedure.
- Place salt pork in a large skillet; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, and drain. Plunge salt pork into cold water.
- Dredge salt pork slices in cornmeal. Cook in oil in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp and brown, turning once. Drain well on paper towels. Serve hot with mustard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note