Fried Sage & Mushroom Sause for Pasta
Community Recipe from
- 3 clove(s) garlic sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 pound(s) mushrooms sliced
- 25 sage leaves
- 1 package(s) pasta
- Place 4 quarts of water in a large kettle, add a bit of canola oil.
- Heat the water to boiling for pasta while you prepare the sauce.Melt 1/8 cup of the butter. Add sage leaves and fry until they are crisp.
- Remove and place on clean paper towel.Melt the rest of the butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When mushrooms are slightly toasty around the edges add the sliced garlic.
- Stir mixture and cook just until garlic is fragrant.
- Remove and put in a bowl.Throw your pasta into the kettle of boiling water.Mix enough water with the flour to form a smooth paste. Set aside.Add about 1/2 cup water to hot pan and use a wooden spatula or spoon to scrape mushroom bits from bottom of the pan.
- Heat the water to boiling. Gradually add flour paste and stir until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the mushroom mixture to reheat.Reduce heat to simmer.Drain pasta. Place pasta on plates.
- Spoon up the mushroom sauce. Scatter fried sage on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by clbodden and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note