- 2 large rutabagas, peeled and sliced
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Soak rutabaga in salted water to cover 2 hours. Drain.
- Whisk together egg, milk, and vinegar until blended. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients. Dip rutabaga slices in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry rutabaga, in batches, in hot oil until browned. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with additional salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note