- 2 large rutabagas, peeled and sliced
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Soak rutabaga in salted water to cover 2 hours. Drain.
- Whisk together egg, milk, and vinegar until blended. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients. Dip rutabaga slices in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry rutabaga, in batches, in hot oil until browned. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with additional salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This