I don't eat ham, but I will make this using deli turkey. I am gluten free, and this will be great to take for lunch. Thanks for posting!
Fried Rice with Ham and Asparagus
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.79
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 452
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- Sodium: 837mg
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 ounces thick-sliced deli ham, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups cold cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 scallions, finely chopped
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to boil. Add asparagus; cook until just tender, 2 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook without stirring until set around the edges, about 30 seconds. Break eggs into pieces with a spatula and stir until fully cooked and set, about 1 minute longer. Scrape eggs into a bowl.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp. oil to skillet with ham and garlic and cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant. Add rice and soy sauce and cook, stirring, until rice is coated and very hot, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in asparagus, eggs and scallions and cook another minute. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This