I love this fried rice recipe - it's simple and delicious.
Fried Rice with Broccoli and Eggs
Stir-frying rice is a great way to turn leftover rice into a quick and easy meal. It's important that the rice is cold so it won't become sticky while cooking; the oil coats the chilled grains and prevents clumping.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 9.9g
- Carbohydrate: 36.4g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 362mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Steam broccoli, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; rinse with cold water. Drain; cool.
- Combine eggs and 2 tablespoons water. Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture; stir-fry 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Remove egg mixture from pan.
- Add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil to pan. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add rice; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add broccoli, carrot, and broth; cook 1 minute. Add cooked eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt; stir-fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This