Fried Rice with Asparagus and Eggs
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 28.3g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 579mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) diagonally cut asparagus
- 1/2 cup pre-shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Steam asparagus and carrot, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add egg; cook 1 minute or until scrambled, stirring constantly. Remove egg from pan.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add rice; cook 3 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus, carrot, scrambled egg, peas, onions, and broth mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables