Fried Brown Rice with Snow Peas and Peanuts
Thinly slice the pepper and onion so they cook quickly.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Sodium: 202mg
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups sliced snow peas
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanut oil; swirl. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add snow peas and peanuts; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce; stir-fry 1 minute.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note