Photo: Anna Williams
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound dry (cooked) chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, 3 cups of water, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until lightly browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the sausage, peas, paprika, pepper, remaining salt, and cooked rice. Heat through, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the scallions, if desired. Serve hot.
If You Don't Have... chorizo, use kielbasa, beans, chicken breast, or any other leftover meat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes