- EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- FRIED RICE
- 4 cups chilled, day-old, cooked long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces smoked salmon or lox, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons jarred brined capers, drained
- calories 471
- caloriesfromfat 40 %
- protein 16 g
- fat 22 g
- satfat 5.6 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- sodium 2020 mg
- cholesterol 112 mg
How to Make It
Mix poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt in a small bowl.
Break up large clumps of rice with a fork. Heat a large (not nonstick) frying pan over high heat 2 minutes. Swirl in oil; immediately add chopped onion and cook, stirring constantly, until softened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in 2 tbsp. "Everything Bagel" Seasoning and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice and cook, stirring often, until each grain of rice is dry and fluffy, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in soy sauce.
Push rice to outsides of pan to create a well in the center. Add remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Pour eggs into well and cook, stirring, until curds form and eggs are fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir eggs into rice.
Transfer to serving bowls, then top with sliced onion, lox, capers, and a pat of cream cheese to create a composed look. Sprinkle each with remaining Everything Bagel Seasoning. Eat with chopsticks, mixing everything together as you go.