Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 (2 1/2-pound) young American rabbits, dressed and quartered
- 1 cup bacon drippings
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Combine 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, and red pepper, mixing well; dredge rabbit in flour mixture, coating well.
- Heat bacon drippings in a large skillet; add rabbit, and brown quickly on all sides. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until rabbit is tender and golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain well.
- Pour off drippings, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in skillet. Add remaining 1/4 cup flour; stir until smooth. Cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in remaining salt and pepper. Serve gravy with rabbit. Garnish with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes