Fried Pig's Feet
- 4 pig's feet, cleaned and scraped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Place pig's feet in a large container with cold water to cover. Soak 3 hours; scrub with a stiff brush. Rinse thoroughly.
- Place pig's feet and 1 teaspoon salt in a large Dutch oven with water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 hours or until meat is tender and separates from bones. Remove pig's feet from cooking liquid with a slotted spoon; drain well. Set aside. Discard cooking liquid.
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Combine milk and yolks; add to flour mixture, mixing well to form a thick batter.
- Dip pig's feet into batter, coating well. Fry in hot oil (375°) until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note