We used Trader Joes almond meal, as we did not have pecans, but other than that, used the recipe. We served with sweet potato fries and salad. Kids, and hubby loved em'.
"Fried" Pecan Chicken Fingers
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (18.4-oz.) package boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Garnish: green onion curls
- Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- Process toasted pecans, baking mix, salt, and pepper in a food processor until pecans are finely ground. Place 1/2 cup pecan mixture in a large bowl. Add chicken, tossing to coat.
- Whisk together eggs and buttermilk. Dip chicken in milk mixture; dredge in remaining pecan mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Lightly coat tops of chicken with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is golden brown. Arrange on a serving platter, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note