Photo: Charles Walton
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 medium parsnips (about 3/4 pound), scraped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Cook whole parsnips in boiling water to cover 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Cut parsnips into 3- x 1/2-inch strips.
- Combine salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs in a large zip-top plastic bag; add parsnips, a few at a time, shaking to coat.
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven, and heat until a thermometer registers 375°. Fry parsnips, a few at a time, for 1 minute. Drain on paper towels; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note