Fried Panko-Dipped Pickle Spears
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Fried Panko-Dipped Pickle Spears
- 4 To 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Progresso® panko crispy bread crumbs
- 12 Crisp pickle spears
- Heat oil in deep fryer or 12-inch skillet to 375°F. Meanwhile, in shallow bowl, stir together flour and dressing mix. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs with whisk. In third shallow bowl, place bread crumbs. Dip each pickle spear into flour mixture, then into egg. Dip into flour a second time, then into egg a second time. Coat pickle spear with bread crumbs. After all pickles have been breaded, fry in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, or until deep golden brown. Drain fried pickles on cooling rack or paper towels.
- For the crispiest pickle spears, buy whole pickles from the refrigerated section of your supermarket, and cut them into spears for the recipe.
- For a thinner breading, you can replace 2 of the eggs with 1 cup milk, and only dip in the flour and egg once, instead of twice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fried Panko-Dipped Pickle Spears Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers