Fried Oysters with Pearl Tartar Sauce
- 6 to 8 oysters in the shell
- Peanut oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cracker meal
- Kosher salt
- Pearl Tartar Sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Shuck oysters, reserving liquor; clean and reserve shells. Place oysters and liquor in a bowl; cover and chill until ready to fry.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Combine flour and cracker meal in a large pie plate. Drain oysters; dredge in flour mixture. Fry oysters, in small batches, 5 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Arrange reserved shells on a platter. Place a dollop of Pearl Tartar Sauce in center of each shell. Top with a fried oyster. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This