Fried Oysters with Green Tomato, Sweet Corn, and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette and Quick Pickled Okra
This is a surprising combination for fried oysters. The crispness of the hot oysters and the acidity from the okra and the vinaigrette, along with the creamy, pungent cheese and sweet corn, makes for a nice contrast in flavors.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Total: 3 Hours, 45 Minutes
- Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 2 cups cracker meal
- 1 cup corn flour or fine cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Peanut oil
- 16 oysters, shucked
- 4 to 8 Quick Pickled Okra, halved
- 1. Prepare Blue Cheese Vinaigrette; set aside.
- 2. Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large cast iron or heavy skillet; heat over medium-high heat until oil reaches 350°.
- 3. Whisk together cracker meal, flours, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon white pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge oysters in mixture, shaking off excess. Fry, in batches, 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Spoon Blue Cheese Vinaigrette onto 4 serving plates. Top each with fried oysters and Quick Pickled Okra.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note