Fried Oysters with Green Tomato, Sweet Corn, and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette and Quick Pickled Okra
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Total: 3 Hours, 45 Minutes
- Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 2 cups cracker meal
- 1 cup corn flour or fine cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Peanut oil
- 16 oysters, shucked
- 4 to 8 Quick Pickled Okra, halved
- 1. Prepare Blue Cheese Vinaigrette; set aside.
- 2. Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large cast iron or heavy skillet; heat over medium-high heat until oil reaches 350°.
- 3. Whisk together cracker meal, flours, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon white pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge oysters in mixture, shaking off excess. Fry, in batches, 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Spoon Blue Cheese Vinaigrette onto 4 serving plates. Top each with fried oysters and Quick Pickled Okra.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note