More From Southern Living
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 pt. fresh oysters, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1. Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360º. Whisk together milk, egg, and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
- 2. Rinse oysters, and pat dry. Sprinkle oysters with seasoned salt. Dredge oysters in flour; dip in milk mixture, and dredge in flour again. Fry oysters, in batches, in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes