Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 quart fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups saltine crumbs (1 sleeve crackers)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Canola oil
- Dip oysters in egg, and dredge in cracker crumbs. Place on a pan, and chill 2 hours, if desired.
- Stir together ketchup, horseradish, and, if desired, hot sauce; chill.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch in a Dutch oven; heat to 350°.
- Fry oysters, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note