Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 quart fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups saltine crumbs (1 sleeve crackers)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Canola oil
- Dip oysters in egg, and dredge in cracker crumbs. Place on a pan, and chill 2 hours, if desired.
- Stir together ketchup, horseradish, and, if desired, hot sauce; chill.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch in a Dutch oven; heat to 350°.
- Fry oysters, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes