- 1 quart fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups saltine crumbs (1 sleeve crackers)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Canola oil
How to Make It
Dip oysters in egg, and dredge in cracker crumbs. Place on a pan, and chill 2 hours, if desired.
Stir together ketchup, horseradish, and, if desired, hot sauce; chill.
Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch in a Dutch oven; heat to 350°.
Fry oysters, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with sauce.