Fried Okra and Potatoes
Photo: Tina Cornett
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh okra, sliced
- 1/2 cup peeled, cubed potato (about 1 medium)
- Vegetable oil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; coat okra and potato in mixture.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 1/2 inch into a large heavy skillet, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add okra and potato; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook, turning often, 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Uncover and cook 3 more minutes or until browned. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note