- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Vegetable oil
- Combine cornmeal, 3 tablespoons flour, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups cold water, stirring until well blended
- Bring 4 1/2 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add cornmeal mixture, stirring until well blended. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut mush into 3- x 2-inch pieces; dredge in remaining flour. Fry in hot oil (375°) in a large skillet, a few pieces at a time, turning occasionally until golden brown on both sides. Drain well on paper towels. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads