FRIED MASHED POTATO BALLS
Community Recipe from
- •2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- •1 egg, lightly beaten
- •3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- •1/2 cup chopped green onions
- •1/4 cup real bacon bits
- •1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- •Oil for frying
- •Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in the egg, cheese, onions and bacon bits. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in bread crumbs. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- • In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
FRIED MASHED POTATO BALLS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables