Fried Lemon-Rosemary Catfish
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large DUPONT TEFLON NON-STICK Skillet
- Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh rosemary sprigs
- Grate lemon rind from lemon, avoiding the pale bitter pith, into a large bowl; squeeze lemon juice into bowl. Stir in milk and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels. Add fillets to lemon mixture in bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place cornmeal on a large plate or in a large shallow dish. Turn fillets in lemon mixture until thoroughly coated; dredge in cornmeal, coating evenly.
- Cook fillets in hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes