Fried Lemon-Rosemary Catfish
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large DUPONT TEFLON NON-STICK Skillet
- Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh rosemary sprigs
- Grate lemon rind from lemon, avoiding the pale bitter pith, into a large bowl; squeeze lemon juice into bowl. Stir in milk and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels. Add fillets to lemon mixture in bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place cornmeal on a large plate or in a large shallow dish. Turn fillets in lemon mixture until thoroughly coated; dredge in cornmeal, coating evenly.
- Cook fillets in hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note