You can buy these frozen at some warehouse foods stores, but this homemade version is much better. For a quick dip, stir a little green jalapeño hot sauce into sour cream.
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
- 2 (11.5-ounce) jars whole jalapeño peppers, drained
- 4 ounces Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups beer
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Cut a small slit in each pepper, and carefully remove seeds. Rinse peppers with cold water; drain on paper towels.
- Cut cheese into 18 pieces; insert 1 piece into each pepper.
- Combine cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; add 1 tablespoon oil and beer, stirring until smooth. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a skillet or deep fat fryer; heat to 350°. Dredge peppers in 1/2 cup flour; then dip into batter. Fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers