I first soaked the grouper in beer for about an hour, then used this recipe. I've been eating fried grouper all my life, as has my wife, and we were in agreement, we've never had any better (only made the grouper this time). Really simple, spectacularly delicious! Going to the beach for a week, and we'll try the slaw and hoagie roll for sandwiches. Can't wait!
Fried Grouper and Creamy Coleslaw Sandwich
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Canola oil
- 4 onion sandwich rolls, split
- Creamy Coleslaw
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Set aside.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge grouper in flour mixture; dip in buttermilk, and dredge in flour mixture again.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Fry fish 5 to 6 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels. Serve on rolls with Creamy Coleslaw.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches