This fish dish is ready before you know it. Grouper is so delicious that it only takes a little seasoning and these fillets are ready to be fried and served.
More From Southern Living
Fry: 6 Minutes
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 pounds grouper, cut into 2-inch fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1. Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350º. Whisk together milk, egg, and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
- 2. Sprinkle fillets with seasoned salt. Dredge fillets in flour; dip in milk mixture, and dredge in flour again. Fry fillets, in batches, in hot oil 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note