Fried Green Tomatoes With Roasted Red Pepper Rémoulade and Goat Cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned batter mix
- 2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs
- 3 green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Roasted Red Pepper Rémoulade
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish or pan; set aside.
- Prepare 1 cup seasoned batter according to package directions; set aside.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle tomatoes evenly with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge tomato slices in flour mixture, dip in batter, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large nonstick skillet; heat over medium high to 360°; fry tomatoes, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- Place tomatoes on individual serving plates; drizzle evenly with 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Rémoulade, and sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately with remaining rémoulade.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Old Bay Better Batter Seasoned Batter Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers