Fried Green Tomatoes With Roasted Red Pepper Rémoulade and Goat Cheese
Look for Japanese breadcrumbs, called "panko," on the ethnic food aisle of your supermarket or in Asian specialty markets.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned batter mix
- 2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs
- 3 green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Roasted Red Pepper Rémoulade
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish or pan; set aside.
- Prepare 1 cup seasoned batter according to package directions; set aside.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle tomatoes evenly with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge tomato slices in flour mixture, dip in batter, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large nonstick skillet; heat over medium high to 360°; fry tomatoes, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- Place tomatoes on individual serving plates; drizzle evenly with 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Rémoulade, and sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately with remaining rémoulade.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Old Bay Better Batter Seasoned Batter Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers