These sammys were very good. When preparing, I thought the veggie mixture was super bland. I added vinegar and a touch of sugar. I am not sure I would use the lime juice next time. I also made the fried green tomatoes from the Jul 03 issue instead of buying prepared tomatoes. I will definitely make these again.
Fried Green Tomato Sliders
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tsp. Asian sriracha hot chili sauce
- 12 slider buns or dinner rolls, warmed and split
- 12 cooked bacon slices
- 12 fried green tomatoes
- 1. Stir together first 6 ingredients and 1/4 cup cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir together mayonnaise, sriracha, and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Spread buns with mayonnaise mixture. Top bottom halves of buns with bacon, tomatoes, and cabbage mixture. Cover with top halves of buns, mayonnaise mixture sides down.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers