Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground red pepper
- 4 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, cooked
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- 1/3 cup Ranch dressing
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Dip tomato slices in egg, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook tomatoes, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- Layer lettuce, onion, fried green tomatoes, and bacon evenly on bottom half of each roll. Drizzle evenly with dressing. Cover with tops of rolls. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Sandwich Rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches