- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground red pepper
- 4 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, cooked
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- 1/3 cup Ranch dressing
How to Make It
Stir together first 4 ingredients in a shallow bowl.
Dip tomato slices in egg, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook tomatoes, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
Layer lettuce, onion, fried green tomatoes, and bacon evenly on bottom half of each roll. Drizzle evenly with dressing. Cover with tops of rolls. Serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Sandwich Rolls.