I used Dutch Crunch rolls. They were excellent!
Fried Green Tomato Po'boys
More From Southern Living
Fry: 4 Minutes
Broil: 2 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups canola oil
- 3 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 9 slices bacon
- 3 center split deli rolls
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 1. Combine flour and Cajun seasoning in a shallow dish.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat to 360°. Dip tomato slices in buttermilk, and dredge in flour mixture. Fry tomatoes, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels; set aside.
- 3. Heat bacon according to package directions; keep warm.
- 4. Split rolls, and arrange, split sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from heat 2 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove from oven.
- 5. Spread cut sides of rolls with mayonnaise; place fried green tomatoes on bottom roll halves. Top evenly with bacon, avocado, and lettuce; sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired. Top with remaining roll halves, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches