I used Dutch Crunch rolls. They were excellent!
Fried Green Tomato Po'boys
BRAND WINNER SARA LEE Bakery.
Yield: Makes 3 servings
More From Southern Living
Fry: 4 Minutes
Broil: 2 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups canola oil
- 3 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 9 slices bacon
- 3 center split deli rolls
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 1. Combine flour and Cajun seasoning in a shallow dish.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat to 360°. Dip tomato slices in buttermilk, and dredge in flour mixture. Fry tomatoes, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels; set aside.
- 3. Heat bacon according to package directions; keep warm.
- 4. Split rolls, and arrange, split sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from heat 2 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove from oven.
- 5. Spread cut sides of rolls with mayonnaise; place fried green tomatoes on bottom roll halves. Top evenly with bacon, avocado, and lettuce; sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired. Top with remaining roll halves, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note