Fried Green Tomato BLT's
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 slice(s) bacon
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/3 can(s) yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 12 slice(s) green tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 8 slice(s) bread toasted
- 8 red lettuce leaves
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving a teaspoon of drippings. Combine cornmeal, cheese and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge tomato slices in mixture. Heat 1 tsp reserved drippings and 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Cook 6 tomato slices 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining teaspoon of bacon drippings, teaspoon of oil and tomato slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise over each of 4 bread slices. Top each slice with 2 lettuce leaces, 3 tomato slices and 2 bacon slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LaurenSockol and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fried Green Tomato BLT's Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches