The Best Ever. I didn't even want a meat with this. The texture was so smooth.
- 2 eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Sprinkle both sides of eggplant slices evenly with salt; place on layers of paper towels, and let stand 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Soak eggplant slices in buttermilk about 30 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Drain eggplant slices, and dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a large cast-iron skillet, heat to 375°. Fry eggplant slices 3 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This