Tastes as fabulous as the picture looks. My kids initially turned up their noses, but then they tasted it, and they loved it. Will definitely make again!
Fried Egg Sandwiches
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Vanessa McNeil Rocchio
More From Southern Living
Total: 27 Minutes
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) challah bread slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (0.9-oz.) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 thin pancetta slices, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1. Preheat broiler with oven rack 5 to 6 inches from heat. Brush both sides of bread with butter; place on an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions; stir in zest and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice. Keep warm.
- 3. Toss together arugula, next 2 ingredients, 2 tsp. olive oil, and remaining 1 tsp. lemon juice.
- 4. Heat remaining 1 tsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Gently break eggs into hot skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- 5. Top bread slices with arugula mixture, pancetta slices, and fried eggs. Spoon hollandaise sauce over each egg, and sprinkle with tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This