- 1 recipe Basic Burger, without buns
- 1 cup pitted black olives (about 6 oz.)
- 1/4 cup chopped drained capers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tinned anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry and chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs
- 8 English muffins or buns, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns
- Assorted toppings (optional):
- Asian Mayo
- Pesto Mayo
- Spicy Ketchup
- Ranch Olé
- The Baconator
- calories 650
- fat 39 g
- satfat 10 g
- protein 46 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 316 mg
- sodium 1001 mg
How to Make It
Prepare burgers as recipe directs. Keep patties refrigerated until ready to cook.
Combine olives, capers, garlic and anchovies, if desired, in a food processor. Pulse several times to chop. With blade running, slowly add oil and process until well blended and smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl as needed. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in each of two large nonstick skillets over medium-high heat. Crack four eggs into each skillet. Cover and cook until whites are firm and yolks are slightly runny, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover and leave eggs in hot skillets.
Grill or broil burgers as recipe directs. Spread 1 Tbsp. of olive mixture over both sides of toasted English muffins or buns. Place burgers on bottoms. Use a spatula to carefully transfer one egg at a time to top each burger. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of crushed peppercorns. Serve immediately with assorted toppings, if desired.