Fried Dill Pickle Spears
- 1 (24-oz.) jar kosher dill pickle spears
- 1 (10-oz.) box beer batter fry mix
- 1 (12-oz.) can beer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Cut pickle spears in half lengthwise; pat dry, pressing between paper towels.
- Whisk together fry mix, beer, and red pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a heavy skillet or Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 360°.
- Dip pickles in batter, allowing excess batter to drip off. Fry, in batches, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately.
- Note: Serve with Dill Pickle Rémoulade, cocktail sauce, Ranch dressing, or ketchup.
- Holley's tip: For light and crispy pickles, 360° is the ideal oil temperature. If it's too hot or not hot enough, the spears may burn or retain extra oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note